Sunday, September 23, 2007

Stolen Moments

I have decided the strength of my marriage is going to be based on Stolen Moments. Moments that we find some way to be alone even amidst the chaos. Feel very connected and much in love with my sweetie right now and I think its because of just such moments.

Thursday was back to school night. I had hired a babysitter so we could both go and then thought duh! have her come early. Craig worked from home so he could leave ASAP instead of me anxiously awaiting his train and hoping he would make it in time to see the teachers. We just went to a local sandwich shop and sat outside eating a simple meal. It was wonderful. Peaceful.

Friday, Craig was supposed to have a "procedure" done that had to be canceled because they scheduled it with the wrong doc. He didn't want to cancel on the babysitter last minute and all ready had the time off work planned, so we skipped out and saw a movie and then went for a simple dinner. It was wonderful. Just to sit in the dark holding my hubby's hand with no one and nothing (ie.laundry/bills) yelling at me was wonderful.

Then, this AM. I was feeling lousy and decided a bath would help. Poor hubby was feeling neglected (boys were very needy both previous nights when we returned home, so there was no chance of "capping" the evening with romance). So I invited him to join me. The bathroom is the only room in the house with a lock. Baby went down for a nap and the big boys soon learned that we were having private grown up time and shouldn't open the door unless a) the house was on fire b) someone was spurting copious amounts of blood or c) there was at least one bone sticking out of someone's body where it shouldn't. We had a really lovely time despite the interruptions and my darling has been in a great mood all day.

Maybe now I can convince him we need a larger house with a master bath! ;)

1 comment:

Jo said...

A nice glimpse into the world of Carol Anne.