Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Child of the Computer Age

I was such the cliche'd suburband SAHM today. Loaded up the minivan to do the drop off rounds, Daddy at the train, Galileo at elementary school and Maestro at preschool.

Anyway, at the train, the boys wanted to give Daddy a hug and a kiss, but there was no time and we didn't want them to get unbuckled in the kiss and ride zone. Craig said "blow me a kiss, I love you guys". Amidst the chorus of "I love you, Daddy"s, Galileo said "I blew you a kiss AND a hug".

As we drove away, I asked, "how do you blow a hug?" In his very nonchalant, straightforward 6 year old way, Galileo replied, "You hug your self, then you minimize it, then you blow". I couldn't stop laughing all the way up the hill.

Set me up to have a much better day!

3 comments:

Robin said...

I love it!

Friedlings said...

Carol, that's hysterical! What a hoot. Kids say the funniest things sometimes... but totally clear he'll be technically inclined or do stand-up comedy. : )

Jo said...

That's hysterical and such a wonderful image.