Wednesday, September 05, 2007

First Day of School




Jonathan started first grade today. Hard to believe my little boy is growing up so fast. Such a cliche, I know, but true. I was told his teacher is the best and she was very sweet this morning. Ironically, she is the only first grade teacher I had met last year.

He was a holy terror yesterday morning. I realized it was nerves, so I went out to the front porch where he was in time-out to talk to him. He was relieved to know that everyone is nervous and its normal. We went in to school to drop off an immunization form and to see if his teacher had the same classroom this year. He had enrichment in her room last year and was glad to see she is in the same room. We also went out to the black top to see where he will line up. That all seemed to calm his nerves. Then we kept busy the rest of the day so he wouldn't have time to worry. Bought new shoes (he insisted on tie shoes and then got frustrated when he couldn't do them perfectly) went to Tinga (mexican) for lunch and then to a playground we rarely visit. It was a very pleasant last day of summer.

Now, its time to make a grocery list and load up the little boys. I still haven't been shopping since we got back from vacation!

(I still plan to post vacation pictures. Guess I better get on that soon, huh?)

2 comments:

Robin said...

What a wonderful mom you are for listening through his behavior to hear and address the core issue underneath.

He looks so very big. Where on earth have the past 6.5 years gone?...

Robin said...

And of course devilishly handsome. Meant to add that before I hit send.