Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Live, Love, Laugh

Phew What a Day and its only 10 AM
DS 4 years old has SID. I haven't posted alot lately because he has been improving sooo much. Well, today was a nightmare. And I sit here chewing my nails until I can go pick him up at school to see if his day turned around.

First, he came into my bed in the middle of the night. I didn't even realize it because I was up really late with allergies and the benadryl knocked me out. Somehow, he opened his sippy cup of water in his sleep and woke up screaming because his shirt was wet. I realized then we had overslept and suggested he just get dressed for school. Nope, he needed another pajama shirt. He was very tired and lethargic and I considered keeping him home, but he wanted to go and I knew he would tantrum later if I didn't take him.

Getting ready, he refused to wear the "tighty whities" I recently bought for him. He needs underwear with pictures. I even tried to bribe him to put them on. No go. Everything from then on was a fight. We finally found acceptable underwear, got him dressed and got him to school. But then he didn't want to stay. The parent helper that day was actually a classmates grandmother who doesn't speak English. She tried to take him by the arm and lead him to somewhere to play, but he had a fit. Probably, didn't help to be touched by someone he barely knows. Since he was already having a difficult day sensorily, this just set him off more. I tried everything. I was going to just bring him home when he gave the impression he might want to stay. Finally, his teacher just came out to the hall and picked him up kicking and screaming. She is not a very warm, fuzzy person-at least not with parents, so I felt really awkward and awful that he was tantruming in her arms. He really is too big to be behaving like that anymore. I got out of there as quickly as I could and just hope that it turned around.

I know it could be so much worse, but somedays I wonder why my poor sweet boy has to be plagued with such hassles.

No comments: