Monday, March 07, 2005

A close friend just called me. Her daughter (aka princess) 2 1/2 years old had a seizure this AM. She called them from her crib. When her dad went to get her, princess' arm was all contorted. As he was changing her diaper, she became completely unresponsive. When he carried princess to the living room to my friend, princess' head was contorted in a strange position. She was unresponsive for what seemed like eternity. They called 911 and an ambulance took her to the hospital. She is still in the ER waiting for an MRI. The doctors can't tell them why she had a seizure. First they suggested it was febrile, but princess hasn't been sick and didn't have a fever when it happened. It is all very scary and is making Galileo's constant trantruming today seem like a blessing.

I so wish there was something I could do.

1 comment:

Terri said...

Keeping your friend in my thoughts. How scarey.