Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Good to Be Home

I have spent way too much time on the computer all ready today and have accomplished nothing, so I will make this short and sweet. I want to head to bed early so I can get a lot done tomorrow.

We went to the allergist today and figured out why Galileo has not been doing well asthma wise. His symbicort daily inhaler has been out of medicine. Its one of the inhalers that still shakes even if the medicine is gone, so there is no way of knowing if it runs out unless you mark the doses on it somehow. We got a new script and I am hoping it will help. My newest worry is the staring spells he has. My brother had petit mal seizures as child and my mom says they looked a lot like this. I have been getting aggrevated with Galielo for ignoring me, not answering me, staring off into space when he needed to be doing something important etc. I made a comment about the staring over the weekend and he got really upset saying, "Mom, I don't want to be staring, but my brain won't let me stop!". Mom and I talked and she agreed I should get him checked out. She talked to my brother about it after we had left for home and he said "gee that sounds familar". I hope I am just over reacting, but I need to make sure. I asked the allergist if she knew of a pediatric neurologist. She agreed he should be checked out, but the neuro she would have recomended wouldn't be good for this. So, I will ask the pedi at Little Bit's apt next week if I haven't gotten a call in before then.

Ok, I said short and sweet. So, I'm out of here.

1 comment:

Robin said...

There's always something to worry about, isn't there? ((hug)) I hope you find a neuro soon who can get you some answers.