Sunday, November 09, 2008

Failed All Ready

I was determined to do NaBloMoPo this month, but I was unable to post from my mom's computer or my Blackberry either one over the weekend. Ah well. I tried. I will continue to do my best to post every day for the rest of the month.

We had a good trip. My mom and the boys really seemed to enjoy each other. She is really beginning to feel her age (77) and isn't able to help as much as she used to when there was only one or two, but she still helped alot. We ended up not doing any of the big things I planned, but they still had fun.

Mom took the big boys on a shopping spree to Walmart one day while Little Bit and I napped. Walmart is a big deal since we don't have one. Its a treat to go to Walmart when visiting Grandma's. Since she is taking them, I don't have to do angst about Walmart's uncool business practices. The next day, I fell asleep nursing Little Bit so she took the big boys to the playground up the street from her. It really isn't much of a playground compared to the ones we have around here, but they love it. Mom laughed at what city kids they are. They loved rolling down a hill and wandering through they super tall grass. They also collected milk weed pods for making Christmas ornaments. That night, a friend of mine and my mom's came over with her sons. My boys love her 5th grader and he is actually really good with them and plays with them quite well.

Maestro also loved the dogs - a golden retriever and a bichon frise. Little Bit liked them too and was adorable giving the golden treats and hugs. Galileo could care less about the dogs and I think would be just as happy if they weren't there. Plus, his asthma seems worse when we are there. Probably a combination of the dogs and all the carpeting.

Now, we are home and the routine starts back up tomorrow. Time to head to bed and try to recover from the long drive. The kids were troopers and actually slept a lot of the way, but its still a long way to drive by myself with no good music.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice post..! I can feel your touch with WalMart.