Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Rough Day

This is one of the days I dreaded when thinking of having a 3rd. Very tired and drained today. Long trip to Grocery store pushing cart full of groceries and pulling along a cart full of car seat yesterday was a killer on my back. Then baby had a rough night. I had things to do though, so I motored through it. I think I scared dh. I was so hungry and desperately searching the fridge for mayo so I could make lunch before Little Bit cried AGAIN! As I was looking, the bag of meat that still needed to be put away got jostled and blood ran out of the bag into the cheese drawer! It was so gross and cleaning it was so NOT what I wanted to be doing then. Only good thing is that in the process of cleaning it up, all the meat got put away and that was one chore I could stop thinking about.
I was hobbling around muttering and cursing and nearly in tears at one point. When I got out my chef's knife to prepare dinner he looked ready to run for the hills!

One good thing was the pedi apt. today. Dr. Charlie lifted the isolation restriction. Acted a little like it was strange I was asking about it. He was off his game though today I think. Told me I should go off dairy to help the reflux and yet wanted him to stay on Neosure mixed with breast milk until he was 8 lbs. HUH? Neosure is a dairy formula. Plus I told him he is finally nursing. Not sure how I am supposed to open my breast and pour in the powder before feeding.

Later, when Little Bit needed to nurse the millionth time when I was trying to get something done, I gave up. He keeps nursing for 5-10 minutes, falling asleep and then wakes up 20 minutes later wanting to eat again. I couldn't take it anymore. I finally grabbed the bottle of premixed Neosure that we had gotten from the NICU and put it in a bottle. I didn't even want to take the time to thaw breast milk. I just wanted to feed him and get him settled all ready. I hope that doesn't make me a bad. mom. Anyway, unlike the time I tried to give him powdered formula, he drank this right down. Then he slept for 2+ hours right during the homework, cook dinner, 3 year old melt down over "NO TV" hour. It was almost heavenly. Made me want to quit nursing and just do formula.

Me of all people. Looking forward to nursing was one of the things that sustained me through my pregnancy. I'm sure we'll get through it, but I will have a bottle in a cooler next to the bed tonight. If he starts the nursing every 20 minute thing, I am giving him a bottle. Hopefully we will both get some good sleep tonight. I need it if I will survive until Christmas.

On a positive note, a mom from Maestro's class brought me Irish Soda Bread. I had a slice for Breakfast after Little Bit's apt. It was so yummy! I think I will end my day with a piece of it too. Best part is she agreed to share the recipe. It is honestly the best Irish Soda Bread I have had.

No comments: