Friday, November 02, 2007

Feeling Spoiled and Decadent

A mom of a classmate of Matthew's just picked he and Jonathan both up to drive them to school. I drove her daughter yesterday and so she said she would drive both of mine today. She also said, "that way you can stay in your pajamas". I NEVER come downstairs without clothes on, unless I'm in search of clean jeans to immediately put on my body.

Well, I took her advice and she was right. I had to search for a robe and slipper socks since my pj's consist of an overly big tshirt. I finally found and snuggled into a big fluffy robe that mom got me last year for the hospital. It was way to warm at the time for my hormonally charged body but it was perfect for sitting on the front porch in the chilly fall morning waiting for Alyssa to arrive.

After the boys left, I got a glass of juice and then nursed Nathaniel. He actually fell asleep in my arms which never happens these days. I took him up to my bed and curled up next to him for a wonderful hour long snoozefest. He NEVER sleeps next to me, so this was really special.
I'm getting sick and have the cold sore from hell, so this sleep was precious.

Now, I'm up, showered. Matthew is home, he and Nathaniel is fed, so I think we will go visiting. Thanks to Alyssa and to all the Mom's who take care of other Mom's. I'll give some good mom Karma back tot he world soon.

Just got back from visiting. Renee gave me quiche, coffee and inspiration. I will make my home a calm oasis for my family and friends like she has!

No comments: