Monday, August 20, 2007

Best Laid Plans

Looks as though we won't be leaving today. We have been fighting electrical issues in the van for over a week. Finally thought we had them all fixed. Picked up the car from the Honda Dealer on Saturday. On the drive home, I heard a loud clunk. When I got home I realized there was a strange code on the brake assist. We ignored it and rushed off to the BBQ. Craig called the camping dealer who installed the brake assist just now and was told it indicates a serious electrical short somewhere in the line that MUST be fixed before we can drive the trailer. Negative, pessimistic, I-have-forgotten-to-take-my-happy-pills-for-several-days Carol would decide this new camper is an albatross, we never should have bought it, it was irresponsible to buy it on credit and now the Gods are making us pay. The Happy, Optimistic, Life is Good Carol says "oh good, now I have more time to pack!" We will go to Raquette Lake even if its in a tent, so why worry?

Hopefully the place 1/2 hour away can fix it so we don't have to drive 90 minutes south on the parkway back to the camping place to get it fixed. Now, time to get Little Bit and Maestro dressed and get Galileo and Maestro fed so we can take Little Bit to the PT. Can't wait to tell her that EI evaluated him at 9-10 months!

LOL! Felt guilty Blogging instead of packing. Told DH I needed to vent. He said "you blog until there is no vent left! All vents in da blog!" I love him

1 comment:

Robin said...

That royally sucks, but I love your new outlook. A big woohoo to DH too for the blogging support. I hope you're able to leave easily and soon. Have a great trip!