Tuesday, August 14, 2007

3 weeks later and still no update. sigh......

Have many musings going around in my head. I need to figure out how to get them out of my head and into reality.

I'm terribly happy with myself and how I handled the summer. It certainly isn't the summer I was hoping for and that is mostly because of me. I feel more distance in many of my relationships including those with my kids. I had hoped the summer would be a time to build and rebuild connections.

I have reconnected with a couple of friends in recent weeks and hopefully that will continue. I so envy a friend who has a strong community of friends and family around her. I realize that some of that is luck (her close childhood friend and she both settled within miles of eachother, etc.) but much of it is of her making. I need to figure out how to have the energy and attitude that will bring this kind of joy and abundance into my family's life. No one else will do this for us. As the mom, I think it is up to me.

Hopefully the week in Raquette Lake will allow Craig and the boys and I to reconnect with eachother. Recent money stress makes me think we should cancel some of our plans for that week: renting a boat, trips to the water park etc. Yet other parts of me think this is so important. It has been such a hard year. We really need a fun, relaxing family vacation.

Now, it is time to get back to the piles of laundry. We have even more laundry than usual right now. Maybe I will get the courage to post about why on another day.

Carol Anne

1 comment:

Robin said...

You've been missed Carolanne. My shoulder's here when you need it. Love you buddy.