Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Santa Did Good!

December was a bit of a roller coaster with the depression and keeping up with holiday madness. Tried really hard to do things that would make an impression/memory for my kids and let go of things that would just stress me out.



Anyway, the kids are happily playing TOGETHER with the Playmobile Castle that Maestro got. I really wanted to encourage pretend play and this seems to be doing it. Apparently M's knight is named Tom and Tom's horse is named Tim. LOL! We made them break to sing Happy Birthday to baby Jesus and to eat cupcakes. I really wasn't sure that even the promise of a sugar high was going to tear them away. (Knowing they would each be blowing out their own candle did it the little pyros!) Now, they are right back at it-crashing through walls, making horses talk and negotiating with eachother. Daddy and I are ready to collapse, but they are still going strong.

No extended family here today. Its been strange but great. Lots of peaceful time together with just us. Having ALL 5 of us together and connecting so rarely happens these days. We need to carve out time and make it happen.

Tomorrow, we leave for my mom's, 4-5 hour drive. Then, Saturday we leave there and head toward Craig's sister's in PA. I think we will drive straight there instead of coming home first and either drive partway and stay in a hotel or stay in a hotel near Amanda. Either way, its going to be a busy few days. I'm glad we had this peace and respite amid all the chaos.

Now, I must pack and tidy up some. We would love to shock my mother by actually getting there before dark.

Merry Christmas All

No comments: