Tuesday, September 12, 2006

My wish may come true

On my way to the OB. Think he may tell me I'm on bedrest. I had many, many contractions over the weekend including a miserable car ride home from the inlaws on Sat. night when the contractions were 2 minutes apart and I couldn't talk through them. Craig argued that the car was not the place to stop them and rather than go to the hospital we should get home, I should empty my bladder and lay on the couch. I wasn't sure this was the right thing to do, but I did it and they did ease up. They were less intense and less frequent to the point that I was able to fall asleep. I slept most of Sunday afternoon and Sunday night too. Now whenever I do anything, I start to cramp and contract again. So, I called the nurse yesterday.

She said to "take it easy" and told me to come in today to take the 3 hour glucose test (I always fail the one hour) and to see my doc. I think I may have an infection and that is what is causing all the contractions. I hope my doc takes me seriously today. I just don't feel "right" if you know what I mean.

Craig all ready started telling people I was on bed rest yesterday. We'll see what the doc says today. I'm not sure how he will hold up under the strain of a full time job and caring for two boys. we'll see....

No comments: