Tuesday, September 12, 2006

OB Apt. was very unsatisfying. I'm home on bedrest, but he said I can get up to do my chores???? What? I really don't think I like this OB. I feel a lack of communication from him or a disconnect. Don't feel like he listens or I'm not sure, I can't explain.

He did a very gentle exam with the speculum that hurt like hell! He said the discharge looked normal, and didn't swab it. So I guess no infection, but I can't help but wonder. He did do a vaginal u/s and my cervix is nice and long (a 4) so that was very reassuring. I'm just not sure how much to rest. He said "you need to do more bedrest". I was thinking no one told me to do any bedrest. So I asked him to define bedrest. Then he said just take it easy, don't go running around, no trips etc. Well, duh, I've pretty much been doing that. He said I could be helper in Matthew's class tomorrow, but we decided that he doesn't understand just how physical that can be, so craig is going to go tomorrow. I do kinda wish we had gone into the hospital on Sat. night so the contractions could have been monitored and the doc could see how strong they were. If it happens again, we will go in.

I'm not sure how we are going to manage if I don't do stuff and its hard not to with the nebulous instructions I have been given. I mentioned gettng a part time nanny and dh doesn't think we can afford it. His current plan is to start working on "Zurich time". That would allowe him to connect wth people in Europe and have a block of time to work when we are all sleeping.
I'm going bck to rest now. Last night just being on the computer made me contract.

No comments: