Monday, April 18, 2005

Hubby returned from San Diego on the red eye. He got in early, early, early Saturday AM. Mom left around 1pm. I'm so relieved she was here. She is not able to help as much as she used to when JD was a baby, but it was still so great to have her here! JD wouldn't let me do his nose spray, but Grandma could do it just fine. She also read to him most nights while I nursed Matthew down. Dinners were low key, but at least she was here to help clean up.

I was able to get the taxes done, go to my dr. apt., get the deck permit, get the blanket done for sue's baby etc. None of which would have happened if she hadn't been here. It was hard in some ways though. She is not able to go like she used to and gets tired much easier than I am used to. She gets nervous being out in the yard with the kids and gets cold easily. BUT she is still independent and able to come for visits. It was nice having another adult to talk to and plan with. I just see her aging and it makes me sad.

I'm trying to reach out to others more again. I'm realizing that all these friendships/playdates/playgroups have started up at JD's preschool that we are not a part of. I think my depression this past winter is to blame at least in part. I have just not made as much of an effort as I should have. I also need to make more of an effort to get Matthew friends his own age. I tried last week. I asked the mom of one of JD's classmates if we could get our younger boys together while the older ones are in school. She said no. She is too busy. Friday is the one morning they don't have an activity and she wants to use it to clean. She all ready has her son in a play group. I admit I was a little hurt. I guess I should appreciate her honesty, but it still bummed me out.

I'm just going to find the courage to keep trying with others. We were invited to join a Monday play group, but it meets the same time as Matthew's music class. He loves music and begs to go, so I guess it is a non starter.

Now, its off to get M. some lunch. Hubby is working from home, so maybe I can nap with him and Hubby can pick JD up from school.

No comments: