Monday, October 08, 2007

Happy Birthday Little Bit - Pictures

GRRR! Can't get the pics to post the way I want, but can't take any more time!

So much to say, but too much to do. We had a lovely day yesterday participating in a Miracle Walk for the NICU where Nathaniel spent the first weeks of his life. What a great first birthday party!

Here is my little man a year ago:

The night he was born


















I think this is my first visit to him at 1-2 days old













12 days old
Doing the "car seat challenge" in order to be cleared to come home


Its like a knife in my heart to look at some of these pictures. I'm forming an essay in head about what it is like to be a NICU mom. Even when it has a happy ending like our did, the days I couldn't even touch my baby have left a scar on this mother's soul.

And here are the pictures that bring joy to this mother's heart. I can not believe this little man is the same baby.
At his "party in the park" after the walk



We had ice cream cone cupcakes. Our family's tradition is to strip baby down and give them a piece of cake on their first birthday and let them get as messy as possible. Once Little bit figured out what was going on, he really seemed to enjoy it! I think a couple of our friends were appalled at how messy we let him get. I figure I'm the mom of 3 boys, I better get used to mess!







I can't believe I didn't get a good picture of the whole family or of at least the three boys together. Oh well, I have lots of good pictures in my head.

Now, I must go empty the kitchen and the front corner of the living room. The contractor will be here to demo the kitchen wall and build us a coat closet. YAY

No comments: