Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mothers Day


My Mother's Day Gifts

And actually I think Galileo may have forgotten to give me something he made at school. Craig let me sleep in, scrubbed the kitchen floor and watched the boys for most of the day. I made my mom's pineapple chicken salad for my "Gourmet Gals" get together tonight. The theme was "Mother's Day" and we were supposed to bring a recipe of our mothers'. I was nervous about how to serve the salad. I knew we needed more appetizers, so I put it in endive "boats" and put a candied pecan on top. It was fun to cook and experiment when I didn't have to worry about cooking a whole healthy meal and when I knew people would be nice about it even if they didn't like it. It turned out really well, and I actually got some compliments. I'm glad I added the candied pecans as they were the complimented the most. We had good wine, good food and great conversation. This is only our second month, but I'm really enjoying it and so glad I went!

So glad Little Bit was well enough for me to go. He is finally mostly over his illness, although he is still really picky over what he will eat. I'm not sure I should send him to the baby sitter tomorrow just because he is still not eating much.

No comments: